Dumb question about upgrading from 9.0.1 to 9.2

From: Nick Palmer <nick_at_kcicorp.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 16:08:27 -0800

Hi all,

I've got what is probably a dumb question, but I can't seem to figure out the answer and I thought I'd ask it here before I go breaking things. I have already read thru the docs and they aren't too specific about what I need to do. So, I have a SUN box currently running 9.0.1 with 5 instances on it. I want to upgrade it to 9.2. I have read the Oracle 9i database migration (9.2) doc for 9.2 and for going from 9.0.1 to 9.2 it sounds easy enough. So, I backed up my 5 instances, and then installed the 9.2 software. I chose the install software only option since I don't want to create a new database, just upgrade my existing instances. So the software installs fine. Now I have software in the 9.0.1 directory and the 9.2 directory. Now, currently my $ORACLE_HOME directory still points to my 9.0.1 software. As does my $PATH. The next step in the upgrade process according to the database migration doc is to run the Database Upgrade assistant. Now, here is my question. How do I know which version of the Database Upgrade assistant I am going to get ? Do I have to go to the 9.2 bin directory and run it from there ?

Thanks,
Nick Received on Thu Mar 17 2005 - 18:08:27 CST