Re: Access violation report

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 12:46:21 -0800

Rauf Sarwar wrote:

> DA Morgan wrote:
>

>>T.Kindermann wrote:
>>

>>>Hello everybody,
>>>
>>>we have the SOX audit here and i must implemente an access
>
> violation
>

>>>report.
>>>We running Oracle 9i with the ERP System Baan IV.
>>>
>>>The list must contain all not successfully logins to the database,
>>>perfectly with username, IP-Adress, time stamp.....
>>>
>>>Have someone a solution for this, or have someone the same problem
>
> ?
>

>>>Thanks in advance
>>>
>>>Thomas Kindermann
>>>Database Administrator
>>>Germany

>>>Thomas Kindermann
>>>E-MAIL: Reply to TKINDER<x>@GMX.DE without <x>
>>
>>http://www.psoug.org
>>click on Morgan's Library
>>click on System Triggers
>>search for: "1017"
>

> Why not other logon errors beside 1017? Two that I can think of are
> 1005 and 1045.
>
> Regards
> /Rauf

Because they aren't included in the demo I was referring him to. A demo is not intended to be full-production functionality it is intended to provide a simple, compact, working demonstration of the technology someone can expand upon for their specific application.

Well you did ask "Why?" ;-)

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington