Re: DROP TABLESPACE efficiently??

From: NetComrade <netcomradeNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 19:14:51 GMT

DMT= Dictionary Managed Tablespace (space management done through SYS tables)
LMT= Locally Managed Tablespace (space/extent management done on per file basis--less 'recursive' overhead, quicker object drops, esp w/ large # of extents).

On 16 Mar 2005 14:25:42 -0800, "dominica_at_gmail.com" <dominica_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi Joel,
>
> What is DMT and LMT ?
>I am on Solaris , E4500 machine.
>
>My work would like to do it , when Oracle is up and other people are
>on the machine.
>The thing is, there is a contract from my work and
>with those ASP customers that oracle could only down for
>very short time, once a week.
>
>So I hope to do my work , just like after 8:00pm some night, but still
>let user to see or do things they like to do. (this is ideal).
>Basically, I don't want to request a down time.
>
>How come you talk about "import" back data? (just curious).
>I need to do some time estimation too.
>

>Thanks,
>
>Dominica

We use Oracle 8.1.7.4 and 9.2.0.5 on Solaris 2.7 boxes remove NSPAM to email Received on Thu Mar 17 2005 - 13:14:51 CST