Re: gui for managing users?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 10:28:46 -0800

Ian wrote:

> hi,
> please forgive if basic question but am new to oracle and can't find the gui
> which you use to manage users and other info. Used to use windows oracle a
> long time ago and vaguely remember a GUI tool for managing users and tables
> etc, think it was a mangagement console of some type.
> Is there a similar GUI for Oracle 10.1.0.3 for Solaris Intel(X86). I have
> just installed it and would like to find the appropriate command to start it
> up. Have looked at Oracles' docs but can't seem to find it(hard to find if
> you can't remember the name of the program)
> any help appreciated
> regards
> Ian

This is Oracle not a Windows product. All management is normally done in SQL*Plus. Remember whatever is provided must work as well in Windows as in Linux, AIX, HP/UX, Solaris, OSX/Darwin, etc.

But if you are looking for a Windows-centric GUI try OEM (Oracle Enterprise Manager).

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington