Re: Spotlight on Oracle problem

From: GS <whatever_at_spam.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 17:27:33 GMT

Grzegorz Dratwa wrote:
> Użytkownik "Richard Foote" <richard.foote_at_bigpond.nospam.com> napisał w
> wiadomości news:CYe_d.1606$C7.30_at_news-server.bigpond.net.au...
>

>>"Grzegorz Dratwa" <gdratwa_at_poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message
>>
>>>Hello!
>>>After upgrading Oracle server to 8.1.7.4.13 by patch instaliation I have
>>>experience a problem with Spotlight on Oracle. When I try to look at
>>>"session details" from "top session" menu Spotlight stops to respond.
>>>Oracle
>>>runs on Win 2000 Advanced server SP4. Utilization of CPU is bigger

> aprrox.
>
>>>20% after that (TaskInfo2003). This is generated by system thread of
>>>Oracle
>>>server process responsible for Spotlight user session. When I end the
>>>task,
>>>Spotlight, utilization of CPU returns to normal level. All other

> Spotlight
>
>>>functions are working correctly. Previous version of Spotlight I used

> was
>
>>>2.2c. At this moment I am testing Spotlight 3.6.0.208 and the situation

> is
>
>>>the same. Can anyone help, please?
>>
>>Hi Greg,
>>
>>Yes, Quest technical support should be able to help ...
>>
>>Cheers
>>
>>Richard
>>

> I have not heard about any support for trial version of this software. I
> have tried various versions including Quest Centrall or something laike
> this. I have tried different versions of Spotlight. All the time the I
> udergo with the same result. To be honeste I am more worried what's wrong
> with my DB. I have instaled patch set following instruction. Well seems that
> I will not learn what's wrong. Thanx for help anyway!

Quest installs its own schema in the target DB, more than likely you need to update/reinstall? this schema. In any case, Quest's tech support will tell you what to do with the trial version to get it working properly, after all their goal is to get you to buy it, and it's unlikely you'll be inclined to do that if its not working properly!

hth

GS Received on Thu Mar 17 2005 - 11:27:33 CST