Re: SQL Server 2005 - Still not upto it

From: Holger Baer <holger.baer_at_science-computing.de>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 16:37:37 +0100

> Agree, Performance is part of the day to day job and not something you "bolt
> on" later. That said, everything is a balance, but one should keep focus on
> performance as a day to day part of the job.
> Jim

Hi Jim,

regarding your comment on everything beeing a balance, that's why I wrote that the functional goal is to meet requirements such as 90% of the time this particular function must complete within 3 secs. If you meet this requirement you don't go on and try to complete 90% within 1.5 secs just to make yourself look good.

Just wanted to make sure I was clear on that subject.

Cheers
Holger Received on Thu Mar 17 2005 - 09:37:37 CST