Using Remote Authentication from Windows to UNIX

From: RScott <randyscott_at_templeinland.com>
Date: 17 Mar 2005 06:50:07 -0800

I have a database on HP-UX. A new application is requiring that we allow remote athentication from the application server(on windows) to the Oracle db on HP-UX. I have tried the basics and can't get it to work.

I have the following in my init.ora:
remote_login_passwordfile=EXCLUSIVE
remote_os_authent=FALSE
os_authent_prefix = ""

I have created a user in the format of:

create user "DOMAIN\USERNAME" identifiied externally; grant create session to "DOMAIN\USERNAME";

On the application server, I have added the following to the sqlnet.ora file:

SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (NTS) I logged into the app server as DOMAIN\USERNAME and ran sqlplus from a command window as follows:

connect /@DBNAME

and I get an ORA-01017 error. Invalid username password.

Can anyone shed some light on what I might be doing wrong? Am I missing something? Does anyone have doc that describes how to do this? Received on Thu Mar 17 2005 - 08:50:07 CST