Re: Mirror redo logs

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.nospam.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 13:11:43 GMT

"David McWilliams" <davidkmcw_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:1110810950.100870.71060_at_g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Would it be safe to say that there is no way to mirror redo logs or
> have Oracle create two sets of redo logs in different locations?
>
> Thanks in advance,

Hi David

No, it wouldn't be safe or correct to say that (if I understand you correctly).

Check out the SQL reference manual (the ALTER DATABASE statement specifically) and see how Oracle allows you to add multiple members to redo log groups, of which each member could/should be at a different location.

It's highly recommended that your redo log groups be multiplexed in this manner.

Cheers

Richard Received on Thu Mar 17 2005 - 07:11:43 CST