Re: spatial database

From: GreyBeard <Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 12:15:16 GMT

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 03:05:01 -0800, shrikant wrote:

> Hello,
> i am shrikant kale.I have a assignment on spatial database.
>
> create a spatial database table that store the number ,name, and
> location ,which consists of four different areas say
> abc,pqr,nom,xyz.fire the following queries

I'd use Oracle9i or 10g and would create a spatial column in a regular table instead of creating a 'spatial' table as was done in Oracle7.

> a.find the topological intersection of twogeometries.
>
> plase describe the create statement,and give the general staps.

This is a single SQL Select stateeeement, however, you want to carefully decide which of the spatial interactions to use (overlap, contains, etc.) Answer found in

http://www.apress.com/book/bookDisplay.html?bID=315 and http://www.oracle.com/pls/db92/db92.to_toc?pathname=appdev.920%2Fa96630%2Ftoc.htm&remark=docindex Received on Thu Mar 17 2005 - 06:15:16 CST