Re: PL/SQL performance when ompiled with debug

From: Stephan Bressler <sbresslerx_no_spam_at_arcor.de>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 08:35:45 +0100

> Can you give some specific information (ie the code you were running
> when you noticed the application slowing)?
Hi,
sorry, no. The affected application consists of many pl/sql procedure/packages with several 1000 lines of code. Only few of them were compiled with debug.
A simple testcase (select sysdate from dual loop with/without debug) showed no difference in runtime/cpu usage. But maybe the problem is due to parallel execution.
I startet a TAR at oracle. They told me that there are no known issues with debug, not even performance issues (which is surprising, for IMHO debug instrumentation always imposes some overhead).

Regards
Stephan Received on Thu Mar 17 2005 - 01:35:45 CST