unable to extend non-existent partition?

From: NetComrade <netcomradeNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 20:56:47 GMT

I had the following error last night in alert log (this is 8.1.7.4) ORA-1692: unable to extend lobsegment APP2.LOB_FILE_DATA partition SYS_LOB_P494 by 25600 in tablespace APP2LOBDAT However, no such partition exist(s)

  1* select table_owner from dba_tab_partitions where partition_name='SYS_LOB_P494'
SQL> / no rows selected

upon further investigation on the application end it was determined that it was really this partition that was 'corrupted' (couldn't be extended)
SYS_P486 The table is hash_partitioned on a number column, and LOBs are stored in a different tablespace from table.

Is this a bug, or is oracle creating some partitions on the fly?

Thanks.
We use Oracle 8.1.7.4 and 9.2.0.5 on Solaris 2.7 boxes remove NSPAM to email Received on Wed Mar 16 2005 - 14:56:47 CST