Re: new db new istance...

From: GreyBeard <Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 20:09:51 GMT

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 20:00:40 +0000, gaddoz wrote:

> Hi all,
> i'm a newbie in Oracle.
> I'm just trying to create a new db on a serverTest.

Why?

This question sounds like your background is from SQLServer and you have not learned Oracle terminology yet. In many cases, simply a new schema will do the trick.

> On the serverTest I've already installed a first instance of Oracle, with a
> zDbTest.
> Can you help me with a step by step, or with a good link?

Pretty simple - run DBCA and answer the questions.

Also, consider the Oracle documentation, starting with the Concepts manual, for info. Received on Wed Mar 16 2005 - 14:09:51 CST