DROP TABLESPACE efficiently??

From: <dominica_at_gmail.com>
Date: 16 Mar 2005 11:57:04 -0800

Hi All,

  I have a situation that
I need to clean up 3 major schemas in a production database. Said schemas are AA, BB, CC

And AA has a lot of tablespaces like

   AA_M1 AA_M2 AA_M3.. like 17+ of them

And BB has tablespaces like

   BB_M1 BB_M2 BB_M3

And normally I would do:

 drop tablespace AA_M1 include content;
 go to OS level and issue command to delete all the datafiles related to that tablespaces.

But my work want to find a very efficient way, so the redo log won't get a lot of impact.

Like maybe
write an automatic script to find all the tables in that schema.

Issue:

TRUNCATE table1;
TRUNCATE table2;
TRUNCATE table3;

.. and so on ;

ANd then do
drop tablespace AA include content;
delete files from OS;
drop user AA_USER cascade constraint;

I wonder do anyone else have a better idea.

I am talking about this schema own 47 GIG of data.

Thanks in advance,

Dominica Received on Wed Mar 16 2005 - 13:57:04 CST