Opening files from one server to another (connect to Apache/Oracle server)

From: menairb74 <menairb74_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 16 Mar 2005 10:53:32 -0800

Hi,
We have a web setup where we're using two servers, one of which is using an ASP application running a SQL Server database, the other is using Oracle with Apache. Basically, we want users to be able to open files such as Adobe Acrobat PDF documents (which are stored on the Oracle server) via clicking links in pages on the other (SQL) server. We have security set up that each site requires a user ID and password to access site content, so we need to figure out how we can make the sites communicate that when the file link is clicked, the file is opened. We currently get a 404 (Forbidden) message. I've been told that there are stored settings in some header section (not sure if this would be Apache or Oracle doing this) to handle the user ID and password security, so my guess is we need info as to how we can make the sites handshake with this protocol. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Brian Received on Wed Mar 16 2005 - 12:53:32 CST