Re: WSDL, SOAP & lots of other things I don't know about.

From: Preston Kemp <dontwantany_at_nowhere.invalid>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 17:15:46 GMT

Frank van Bortel wrote:

> Preston Kemp wrote:
> > 10g on Win2K
> >
> > The question (I think): Is it possible to 'get' XML data from a WSDL
> > file behind an https server directly into Oracle?
> >
> > The background: another department in my company have been trying
> > to do this on & off for over 5 months, but using Java to get the
> > data before pumping it out to the database. The problem they're
> > having is the WSDL is on an https server, & they can't get
> > Java/Tomcat to work with the digital certificates. They can see the
> > WSDL fine using a browser, so they know the certificate's ok, but
> > can't get to it with Java.
>
> The certificate probably is incomplete, as browsers come with the rest
> of the certificate. Java does not have that built in, so you just have
> to add that part. This has been discussed, even in this forum.
> A close (closer?) look at the logs would probably have revealed an
> 'incomplete certificate' (iirc, error 509) error.
> However, this is very speculative, I admit.

Thanks, I'll pass this on, although the https server is 'owned' by a 3rd party who may not play ball.

> This will probably not be exactly what you want, but
> Oracle can 'go out and read HTTP(S)' - check out the utl_http
> package, and read/write XML (xsl-queries to generate XML).

Actually that sounds pretty much exactly what's needed. I've used utl_http previously but know nowt about the XML side. I'll throw it at them as another avenue to explore. Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

--
Cheers, Preston.