Slowing other users/sessions - resource mgt

From: Joe Smith <nospam_at_nospam.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 17:58:21 +0100

Hi everybody,

this is the scenario I'm testing:

One application writes, via a pool of jdbc connections, 40 records per second (one write=one commit), limited by the disk speed (I know because I'm asking to write the double, 80).

When I do a count on the table (select count(*) from myTable), the query runs for more than 15 minutes.

However, when the application is stopped, this count can be done in less than 6 seconds.

I'd like to prioratize the count, so response time is better. So far, I've tried:

Do you have any other ideas?

Thanks in advance. Received on Wed Mar 16 2005 - 10:58:21 CST