TKPROF Output Question

From: Taysha <eatme_at_joes.place>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:20:49 +0200

Folks,
I am reading the "Oracle 9i Database Performance Tuning Guide and Reference", chapter 10 ("Using SQL Trace and TKPROF"). When I tried tracing my own SQL query (I am using Oracle 9.2.0.4 on SUN [sparc] Solaris 9), the output was slightly different than what appears in the documentation. My output contained some extra details regarding the query execution plan, for example:

Rows Row Source Operation

       1  SORT AGGREGATE (cr=2 r=0 w=0 time=57 us)

The text "(cr=2 r=0 w=0 time=57 us)" does not appear in the Oracle documentation. Please explain what it means.

Thanks (in advance),
Avi. Received on Wed Mar 16 2005 - 07:20:49 CST