Re: back to the future

From: GreyBeard <Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 17:33:56 GMT

My unconfirmed suspicions embedded ...

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 11:44:26 -0500, Mark C. Stock wrote:

> ok, help me understand this one...
>
> from EM, 'Configure Recovery Settings' page:
>
> "Specify how far back you wish to flash the database in the future"

We may have a minor ESL issue here. Try the following interpretation:

In order to resize the flash recovery area ... to become effective as of now and into the future .... how big should the flashback recovery area be based on your estimate of how far back you want to flash.

> is this part of oracle's 'spatial' technology?

No. However, somewhat related to the spatial offshot workspace manager, this may lead us into the as-yet-unannounced 'temporal' option. Rumour has it you will need a SG and active controlled wormhole to use that. I'm curious to see what the EM pages will be like for that config.

> if i specify how long i wish to "flash the database in the future", and i
> create an invoice table, can i get an advance on my billings?

only if you can get committment while flashing your customers.

/FGB Received on Tue Mar 15 2005 - 11:33:56 CST