Re: back to the future

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 15 Mar 2005 09:32:03 -0800

hpuxrac wrote:
> snip
>
> Mark C. Stock wrote:
> > ok, help me understand this one...
> >
> > from EM, 'Configure Recovery Settings' page:
> >
> > "Specify how far back you wish to flash the database in the future"
>
> Egads it does appear as if one or more of th team writing the ocp
exam
> questions has advanced to writing product documentation!
>
> Perhaps you should read it as
>
> "If and when at some point in time that you decide you need to use
this
> feature ... use the following to control how far back from the
current
> database time that you intend to be able to flashback to" ...
>
> Then again maybe my words aren't that much better!

Is this any better:

"Should it be required to reconstruct a dataset at a given point in the past use the following parameter to control the interval, measured from the current date and time."

Of course, I could get whimsical and say this:

"When, in the course of database events, it becomes necessary to dissolve the bonds of time and space to which the data have hitherto adhered, in order to query a data state from four score and seven years ago (assuming you have the disk space) it shall be necessary to utilise the following parameter (presuming its maximum value is greater than the required query interval) wherein such actions will be enabled and data shall be presented for all to view, regardless of stature, depending, of course, upon your user account restrictions, the size of your monitor and the prevailing data transfer rate ..."

David Fitzjarrell

P.S.

My apologies to the Founding Fathers of the U.S. and to Abraham Lincoln. Received on Tue Mar 15 2005 - 11:32:03 CST