Corrupt redo logs and datafiles

From: SG <ab_at_cd.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 16:27:40 GMT

Hi all.

I am new to Oracle so would appreciate any insight as to what are main reasons based on your experience that cause corrupt redo log files and data files? We had a corrupt sysaux.dbf file and constant corrupt redo logs that would stop our application since it was in archive mode and we'd get archiver errors. We tried creating new log groups and that didn't help. We had to constantly clear unarchived log groups,etc. to get it working. We rebuilt the database and used a dmp from the "suspect" dbase to import our custom talbles in our newly created db and tablespace. All had been fine for a month, but now it's happening again. I looked in the alert logs and see that now we have a corrupt system.dbf file. Has anyone had this type of experience? We are running Oracle 10g on Redhat ES 3.0. The kernel version on the system is 2.4.21.4. An identical system with no problems, same hardware, is running kernel version 2.4.21-15.0.3. Seems to point to a hardware issue maybe? Any ideas would be grealty appreciate. TIA.

SG Received on Tue Mar 15 2005 - 10:27:40 CST