sun cluster 3.1 and multiple instances and different ORACLE_HOMEs

From: Henner <henner.hucke_at_rolls-royce.com>
Date: 15 Mar 2005 08:20:11 -0800

Hello all,

sorry for my english.

In the near future we will get sun cluster 3.1 with two new servers for our oracle databases. I have searched the web for documents about it (found http://members.visi.net/~thedave/sun/OracleSun.html and http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/817-3306 ) but I can not find the answer for my question.
Does sun cluster support multiple instances of different oracle versions in one cluster, means can I have a number of 8.1.7.4 databases and also a number of 9.2.0.6 databases running on the same cluster? And last but not least is such an configuration supported by oracle?

Any advise is welcome.

Thanks in advance Henner Received on Tue Mar 15 2005 - 10:20:11 CST