Capturing Historical Performance Data

From: <RogBaker_at_gmail.com>
Date: 15 Mar 2005 07:50:10 -0800

How are Oracle Tools for capturing historical performance data? I have been demoing DBFlash and it seems really cool for identifying troublesome wait events over various time periods. Do any of Oracle's tools do anything similar? (Oracle Expert, SQL Analyze, Performance Manager, etc...)
I just started reading the book "Oracle Wait Interface: A practical Guide to Performance Diagnostics & Tuning" and they have a technique using a database logoff trigger as a performance data collector. I will have to see how beneficial this is for monitoring our PeopleSoft Apps. It's a pretty good book so far.

Thanks, Roger Received on Tue Mar 15 2005 - 09:50:10 CST