Re: Oracle 9 Installation Problems under Windows XP SP2

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 15 Mar 2005 05:37:43 -0800

Frank van Bortel wrote:
<snip>

> 1) Drop the JRE environment (or at least, make sure all
> references are gone while installing!).
> Oracle comes with it's own, and it's another version.

<snip>

I have installed Oracle (8i, 9i, 10g) on my WinXP laptop after installing jdk1.4.2 and did not run into this issue since as you mentioned, Oracle uses it's own JRE for installation (1.3.1 for 9i). Last entry in the error stack "java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid entry size" leads me to believe that he may have a corrupt jar file/s. This could occur during download/unzip of Oracle installation software.

Regards
/Rauf Received on Tue Mar 15 2005 - 07:37:43 CST