Re: Oracle9R2

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 08:22:12 -0000

"William F. O'Neill" <wfoneill001_at_bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:GTnZd.28840$Q83.9509_at_bignews5.bellsouth.net...
> David:
> I did what you suggested below using MISC, rather than CONSOL. I set the
> ORACLE_SID=MISC, brought up SQLPLUS, connected, and then did 'startup.' I
> got to Database Mounted, and then the error Ora-01092: Oracle Instance
> Terminated. Disconnection Forced.
> By the way, I can follow directions, if they're not confusing. I said
> right up front that I'm not a DBA. I've been a programmer(Powerbuilder)
> for the past ten years.
> Do you have any further suggestions???

Oracle writes error information to a file called the alert.log. This file should be called alert_misc.log (or something very similar) and will probably be located in %ORACLE_BASE%\admin\misc\bdump where %ORACLE_BASE% is the base Oracle software directory (c:\oracle\, d:\oracle\, /u01/app/product/oracle something like that). It will likely tell you what the problem is.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA