How to pass more than one records from Oracle to Java?

From: Karuna <karunakaran.natarajan_at_gmail.com>
Date: 14 Mar 2005 22:55:39 -0800

Hi, I have a specific situation where we will be passing more than one record from Oracle to Java. I think its not a good idea to pass everything in a single string and then convert it. We tried VARRAY, INDEXED TABLE. Both is having problem. NESTED table may be a good option, but this inturn is going to store the values in table. So to pass n records, you have to insert n records to the NESTED table and then the procedure will pick up the n records from the database. After executing the procedure, again one has to delete the contents of nested table. If anyone has experience in this esp. using VARRAY or INDEXED table to pass more than one record to Java and back, please let me know. Thanks in advance. Received on Tue Mar 15 2005 - 00:55:39 CST