SNMP monitoring of Oracle 10g?

From: jdevroberto <jdevroberto_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 14 Mar 2005 19:10:42 -0800

Hi there,

I'm curious about using SNMP technology to monitor Oracle 10g databases.

I've done some light reading on the subject and I'm now at the stage where I have a few questions.

-What exactly do I need to configure in my Oracle 10g environment?

-Is Enterprise Manager the best and/or only UI available for me
to carry out configuration chores?

-I see no SNMP specific documentation for 10g; why is that?

-I do see a good document for 9i:

Oracle SNMP Support Reference Guide Release 9.2.0 Part Number A96672-01 http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/em.920/a96672/toc.htm

Is the above document suitable for configuring SNMP monitoring of Oracle
in a 10g environment?

-moi