Re: Development Trends in Web and Oracle

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com>
Date: 14 Mar 2005 19:53:04 -0600

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005, wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au wrote:

>>>Yes. And WHO does that validation?
>>>

> No reply.
> The database engine.

That was the point. The guy coding the schema doesn't have to write it which is what you originally said.

The database engine also guarantees the RI. That was the point.

>>>the

>>>Yes. And WHO does that validation?

>> The parser.
>
> And WHO writes the parser?
> remember: you've got to have one for each schema, the darn
> thing is totally arbitrary.

In this respect, a database schema is totally arbitrary and you must have a different set of rules for each one. I don't get your point.

--
Galen deForest Boyer