Re: more "/ as sysdba" weirdness...

From: GS <whatever_at_spam.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 17:32:07 GMT

Holger Baer wrote:
> GS wrote:
>

>> Dave wrote:
>>
>>> whats in your sqlnet.ora
>>

>> # SQLNET.ORA Network Configuration File:
>> C:\oracle\ora92\network\admin\sqlnet.ora
>> # Generated by Oracle configuration tools.
>>
>> NAMES.DEFAULT_DOMAIN = mysite.net
>>
>> SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (NONE)
>>
>> NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH= (TNSNAMES)
>>

> You have
> SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (NONE)
> and
> remote_login_passwordfile=NONE
> ?
>
> Isn't that a contradiction in itself?
> Either you have remote_login_passwordfile=shared|exclusive
> or SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (NTS), else you're
> locked out.
>
> And substract the time of your work to clean up the
> mess that vendor left from their bill.
>
> Cheers,
> Holger

Right!

I changed the remote_login_passwordfile to none without thinking it thru clearly enough, but even with the SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES=(NTS) and remote_login_passwordfile=NONE and various other (proper) combinations I could not get in. Oracle support claims that on occasion "weird" things can happen with the MS oracle service, so on their advice I deleted and re created the service and password file and I was good to go, *but*, only after starting the DB with the init.ora rather than the SPfile, which I sent a copy of to Oracle for them to see why.

I am still waiting to hear back from them, as well as why I *still* cannot "connect / as sysbda" even though I have all the relevant settings as they should be... Received on Mon Mar 14 2005 - 11:32:07 CST