Re: Exceptionally slow 9.2 import

From: Frank van Bortel <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 17:51:08 +0100

gibboniser_at_gmail.com wrote:
> This could be it - there's no mention of any buffer specified in my
> import batch file:

> full=y ignore=y commit=y
>
> I'm only a newbie to such things - I guess I need to read up a bit on
> buffers and the like! Incidentally, I started the import off on Friday
> afternoon. When I got in this morning, it had run to completion. I
> guess this rules out waiting for user input, then...
>
> Thanks very much for your suggestions,
>
> Rob.

I would check why you need destroy=y - it can overwrite the datafile(s) of tablespace(s)...
Also, commit=y should not be required, unless very large tables are imported - I guess this will not be the case here, you being on Personal Oracle. But I may be wrong, and you run a data warehouse

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel