Re: 9.2.0.4 - RMAN - Delete Obsolete

From: Holger Baer <holger.baer_at_science-computing.de>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 14:03:40 +0100

Tom wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm doing full nightly backups with RMAN and every week or so i manually go
> in and issue a delete obsolete etc.
>
> More then likely i'm just missing the obvious but anyone know how i can
> issue the delete obsolete and then answer yes at the end of my RMAN script?
> Is there a delete obsolete command format that does not ask for the 'yes' ?
>
> thanks

Have you ever tried it?

If you had, you'd realised that rman is smart enough to know that when run through a script there is no-one around to type yes.

Just put it at the end of your script.

Strangely enough, this is even documented :-)

(from the RMAN Reference):
By default, DELETE displays a list of the files and prompts you for confirmation before deleting any file in the list, unless you are running a command file.

Cheers,
Holger Received on Mon Mar 14 2005 - 07:03:40 CST