Re: Development Trends in Web and Oracle

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 06:46:22 -0500

"IANAL_VISTA" <IANAL_Vista_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Xns9618BA80696FBSunnySD_at_68.6.19.6...
> Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com> wrote in
>
>> On Mon, 14 Mar 2005, wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au wrote:
>>> Hexathioorthooxalate apparently said,on my timestamp of 13/03/2005
>>> 10:50 PM:

>>> NO, most definitely NOT. It is a DESCRIPTION of the rules.
>>> It is NOT a way of enforcing the rules. For that, you MUST
>>> write code!
>>
>> This isn't true with Schemas. Your statement is about as wrong as
>> Hexathioorthooxalate's statement that one must right triggers and procs
>> to check RI. Sure, something must, but not the developer of either an
>> XMLSchema or a Relational schema.
>>

> Please post a working/reproducable example or a URL to same.

http://www.oracle.com/technology/sample_code/tech/xml/xmldb/XDBBasicDemo.zip http://www.oracle.com/technology/sample_code/tech/xml/xmldb/XDBBasicDemo.pdf

both found on

http://www.oracle.com/technology/sample_code/tech/xml/xmldb/index.html

Daniel,

Please describe your preferred architecture for the following typical scenario:

Customer X generates XML purchase orders (format non-negotiable, we are one of 3000 vendors that receive the same format) System R (which we are architecting and have full control over) receives the XML document electronically, fulfills it, and sends an XML response.

What would you use for processing the incoming XML document? How would you keep an official record of the customer's order? What would you use to extract the data from the incoming document? What would you use to generate the response document?

++ mcs Received on Mon Mar 14 2005 - 05:46:22 CST