Re: Oracle9R2

From: William F. O'Neill <wfoneill001_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 23:55:52 -0500

Hi Daniel:
Thank you for responding. One of the first things I did was to check the Services, and Settings/Services indicated that oracleservicemisc was 'started.'
However, I did what you suggested with NET STOP, and NET START. No error message of any type, only a message to say the operation was 'successful.' At this point, I went into EM, and attempted to open the instance of MISC. Error Message from EM: Ora-01092 "Oracle instance terminated. Disconnection forced."
This original instance was created with an earlier version of Oracle, eg. 9.0.1.1 - and I have been attempting to upgrade it to 9.2.0.1, which is where I got the error on 'shared memory realm does not exist.' At this point, what is your next suggestion? and I do appreciate the help....
Bill...