Oracle ADO connection

From: <pigsmayfly_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 13 Mar 2005 16:47:12 -0800

For anyone with this problem:

>> I am trying to connect to Oracle using ADO and the provider is
>> giving me an error. I thought I had everything downloaded and
>> installed. I connect with Toad fine. I get the error
>> "Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed".
>> This is an example of how I am trying to connect. I get the
>> error at .Open. The Me.Fg stuff is a Flex Grid. Where can I
>> find the correct version of Oracle provider and install it?

When you are done installing Oracle, you will need to run the Oracle Universal Installer (again) - it should now be in the START menu. Click the defaults until you come to Installation Types page. Select the Custom radio. Check three boxes:

Oracle Windows Interfaces XXX
Oracle Call Interfaces XXX
Oracle Programmer XXX

Continue with the installation accepting all defaults.

John Ng
http://community.webshots.com/user/pigsmayfly Received on Sun Mar 13 2005 - 18:47:12 CST