Re: Oracle9R2

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 15:45:14 -0800

William F. O'Neill wrote:

> Just upgraded today to Oracle9R2. The upgrade was 'successful.' In
> attempting to 'start' Oracle thru EM, I received an error msg #ORO-27101 -
> "shared memory realm does not exist." I looked in the Initialization
> parameters, and the value there was 0. What should this value be, and will
> inserting this value allow me to start the DB?
> PS - not a DB, but a developer, attempting to learn more about Oracle.

The value of "what" was zero?

And the operating system is?

If Windows start the database service ... perhaps use oradim to recreate it.

If *NIX recheck your kernel parameters

In the future ... two things.
1. Exactly what version? 9R2 could be any one of 6 different things 2. Exactly what operating system and hardware platform

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington