Re: Database/Application Server/Dev tools on one machine?

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 13 Mar 2005 14:04:47 -0800

Ron Olson wrote:
> Hi all-
>
> I have a complimentary set of discs from an Oracle conference that I
> would like to install on my linux machine from Oracle that includes
the
> 10g database, app server, and development tools (JDeveloper, etc.).
>
> I have only the one Linux machine on which to do the installation,
and
> was wondering if it's possible and permissible to install everything
> under one machine (permissible meaning that the apps all play nicely
> together).
>
> I have already installed the database, but nothing else. It's running

> okay but am not sure what the next step is in terms of installing.
>
> Thanks for any info,
>
> Ron

I really believe it doesn't matter which you install next, as long as all products have their own home. They should all 'play nicely together', as you put it, provided you have enough resource (RAM) to run that many tools/applications without affecting the needs of the O/S.

Good luck, and let us know the success or failure of your 'project'.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Sun Mar 13 2005 - 16:04:47 CST