Re: Development Trends in Web and Oracle

From: Hexathioorthooxalate <ruler_at_removemetoemail.clara.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 14:17:46 -0000

> If you insist to treat XML as THE ONLY GOSPEL (which qualifies you as
> a troll), could you at least try to find some other playground?

Read the thread again Sybrand. I have agreed with contributors to this thread that the use XML may be appropriate in a database. I have never said it is the ONLY gospel. What I disagree with is blanket statements like the ones that come from Daniel Morgan that it doesn't belong in databases, ever. Specifically quote:

>> And who else can I trash ... XML doesn't belong in databases.
>> <ed> more rants deleted

Simply writing this without qualification, then responding to a civilised question in the thread culminating in talk of spanners, 747's, and ending in insults isn't helpful.

> Those some people are usually also enough of a coward not to disclose
> their real name, and to hide themselves behind stupid disclaimers.

Read my disclaimer - the first posting in this thread under "hexathioorthooxalate". I write in it I might choose to disclose my real name, I don't hide behind it at all, but if I do would people respect my privacy. And for the few people that have contacted me directly about things offline, more often than not I have disclosed my identity. But this time, with words like coward, troll, ... etc being used in the thread, not on your life. Why disclose my real name to be in the NNTP groups for eternity, effectively as slander, effect job prospects etc. Ahh., that's right. That's why I don't disclose my real name isn't it.

Hex