Re: Development Trends in Web and Oracle

From: IANAL_VISTA <IANAL_Vista_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 16:39:25 GMT

"Hexathioorthooxalate" <ruler_at_removemetoemail.clara.co.uk> wrote in news:1110643410.31095.0_at_iris.uk.clara.net:

> Organisations have a growing requirement to store XML, like it or lump
> it.

"REQUIREMNT to store XML"?
Not in my company.
If you want to "assume" it is a requirement to actually store XML, be my guest, but please don't believe that this is, should or will be done by some, many,most, all businesses.

> And we haven't even addressed that XML is offering the possibility of
> a true cross platform open long term data format. And it is simple.
> Hex

I agree with you on this point, but this does NOT neccesitate keeping the XML overhead after the data has been exchanged. Received on Sat Mar 12 2005 - 10:39:25 CST