Re: Development Trends in Web and Oracle

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 00:00:02 +1100

Hexathioorthooxalate apparently said,on my timestamp of 12/03/2005 11:46 PM:

>>The overhead?  36*2+1 longer to process a single byte.
>>How fast a modern CPU works is completely irrelevant.

> So you are saying the argument against storing XML in the database is a cost
> overhead for a bit of verbosity? That can't be the basis of your argument,
> surely?

There is NO "so you are saying". What I said is PERFECTLY clear and understandable: an overhead of 73 times longer is NOT a "bit" of verbosity. It is bleeding obvious it is totally unnecessary and redundant.

You want to give it your own spin, go right ahead. But it is YOUR spin.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto