Re: Oracle timeout

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 08:57:44 -0800

Vox wrote:

>>Resource Manager may help you, you can change consumer groups for some
>>queries if their time is long... or you may try to submit a job that
>>runs every 15 minutes and detects long queries and kills their sessions

> OK, thanks.
>
> I found something about timout parameter in the Profile and if the
> transaction is there over specific time
> it will timeout and release the session.

This is not going to do what you are asking and neither will any other database functionality: You need to write your own.

I would suggest a procedure executed on a regular schedule to examine long-running transactions and kill them. Here are some links to help you.

DBMS_JOBS ... http://tahiti.oracle.com

KILL SESSION ... http://www.psoug.org, click on Morgan's Library, click on Killing Session

--
Daniel A. Morgan