External SQL functions exported by DLLs

From: Peter Sullvan <ps_at_NOSPAM.online.de>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 14:49:32 +0100

We have a few rather advanced calculation routines developed in C++. Currently we are using a Sybase ASA database for our app. and these routines are accessible by so called external functions exported by a DLL (dynamic link library) that we wrote in C++. Sybase supports this quite nicely.

The client app can call such routines by:

"select get_roof_angle() as angle from dummy;" or
":angle = call get_roof_angle();"

Now we are checking if other databases can provide us with similar abilities. So I just wonder if Oracle supports the ability to call a routine exported by a DLL? If yes, does anyone know the SQL syntax to declare it in Oracle.

Best regards
Peter Sullvan Received on Fri Mar 11 2005 - 07:49:32 CST