Development Trends in Web and Oracle

From: <derkan_at_gmail.com>
Date: 11 Mar 2005 00:28:36 -0800

Hi All,

We are using text version of oracle Forms 4.5 in unix environment and planning to upgrade to another programming environment. As because forms web version having performance problems, I am seeking alternative programming areas to do web development. Our business logic is about %70 in stored procedures. Our system is an OLTP environment.

Now my question... Regarding performance and programming speed, what are the trends? Java is nice but not as a Forms plugin(jInitiator). Server side development in Java is my preferred option but for the explorer side, what is your option for XML-XSL templates? And are there any complute solutions for this kind of development?(IDE, framework, support..)

Regards
Erkan Durmus Received on Fri Mar 11 2005 - 02:28:36 CST