Re: cannot uninstall and reinstall oracle 10g

From: <raymondwlees_at_gmail.com>
Date: 10 Mar 2005 21:03:32 -0800

The OS I installed is Windows 2000 SP4. Well, I thought Oracle database was installed, but when I click installed products button, it doesn't show I installed Oracle database.

In select a product to install screen,
it has 2 choices:

  1. oracle database 10g products 10.1.0.2.0
  2. Oracle database 10g Companion Products 10.1.0.2.0

And everytime I select the first choice, it keep having error "oracle 10g database companion CD products can only be installed into an existing 10g oracle home."

I really have no ideas what's going on. When I click services in administrative console, it still shows OracleCSService, OracleOraDb10g_home1SNMPPeerEncapsulator, OracleOraDb10g_home1SNMPPeerMasterAgent. But I already disable it. And I deleted Oralce_Home in environment variables Received on Thu Mar 10 2005 - 23:03:32 CST