Re: Strange question

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 14:30:32 -0800

Paweł wrote:

> I'm currently preparing to 1z0-007 exam, and I'm trying to solve some of
> the exam problems from the TestKing publication.
> I've come across a strange problem:
>
> "A SQL query cannot display data from table B that is referred to in its
> subquery, unless table B is included in the main query's FROM clause"
>
> According to the provided answers, this is FALSE.
> However, I typed into SQL*PLUS a following statement:
>
> SELECT e.last_name, (SELECT d.location_id FROM departments d
> WHERE d.department_id = e.department_id) LOCATION
> FROM employees e
> /
>
> (I'm working with the HR schema provided with Oracle database)
>

> ....and it works perfectly, even though table d is not referenced in the
> main query's FROM clause....
>
> Is it a mistake in the TesKing's material???

Any belief system based on the assumption that the prep materials for OCP exams is valid is false.

Any belief system based on the assumption that the correct answers to pass the exam reflect reality is false.

This seems to just be another example among many.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington