Re: cannot uninstall and reinstall oracle 10g

From: <oracleguru_at_lycos.com>
Date: 10 Mar 2005 13:57:45 -0800

Niall is absolutely correct.

Check the Companion CD Quick Installation Guide, Oracle part # B13692-01or full blown
Companion CD Installation Guide part #
B13693-02.

I happen to be reading them as a pre-install step, which I believe is a must for successfull install.

Basically, what the instructions say is you have to install 10g database first.

>From companion CD, the following products are installed in that home:

Oracle Database Examples
JPublisher
Legato single Server version
Natively compiled Java libraries
Oracle Text supplied knowledge bases

>From 10g companion CD the HTTP server(Apache) and the HTML DB install
in its own separate Oracle home.

I have not done the install yet, so can't say much more than that.

Suresh Received on Thu Mar 10 2005 - 15:57:45 CST