Re: cannot uninstall and reinstall oracle 10g

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: 10 Mar 2005 06:20:20 -0800

jrefactors_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> I installed Oracle 10g database before, but it had missing files
error.
> Therefore, I tried to uninstall and reinstall again. I ran the
> installer again:
>
> In select a product to install screen,
> it has 2 choices:
>
> oracle database 10g products 10.1.0.2.0
> Oracle database 10g Companion Products 10.1.0.2.0
>
> error: oracle 10g database companion CD products can only be
installed
> into an existing 10g oracle home

It is hard to tell because you don't tell us exactly what you are running on what os and how, but it rather looks to me as if you are trying to run the Oracle 10g Companion CD install, before you have actually installed the Oracle Database software.

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA
http://www.niall.litchfield.dial.pipex.com Received on Thu Mar 10 2005 - 08:20:20 CST