Import problem

From: <ford_desperado_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 9 Mar 2005 12:20:01 -0800

I'm importing a schema dump into an empty schema

import server uses UTF8 character set (possible charset conversion) export server uses WE8ISO8859P1 NCHAR character set (possible ncharset conversion)

An import blows up claiming

IMP-00019: row rejected due to ORACLE error 1401
IMP-00003: ORACLE error 1401 encountered
ORA-01401: inserted value too large for column

The table being imported was created by import utility using byte semantics:

  STATE       CHAR(2 BYTE),
  SITE        CHAR(12 BYTE),

If I create an empty schema, create the table manulally using char semantics:

  STATE       CHAR(2 CHAR),
  SITE        CHAR(12 CHAR),

the import finishes all right.
Is there nay way I can have import utility create new tables using char semantics?

TIA Received on Wed Mar 09 2005 - 14:20:01 CST