Question: running a SQLPlus script from the UNIX shell with passwords??

From: DW <dwhittier_at_shaw.ca>
Date: 9 Mar 2005 10:33:11 -0800

Hey, all.

I have a database with several IDs, all of which I need to log into to run a single procedure.

I'm running 9i

I have the SQL for the procedure ready, but at this point the only way I can make it work is to log in as each ID and run the SQL.

Is there any shell script I can create that will help me here?

What I need is a shell script that will log into SQLPlus using each ID in turn, and pass the SQL script into SQLPlus

For example, a script that says

for userid in (user1, user2, user3...)

    sqlplus /userid @script.sql

or

sqlplus /user1 @script.sql
sqlplus /user2 @script.sql
sqlplus /user3 @script.sql

or something like that? I'd want to make it secure, so I would have to pass the hash values of the oracle passwords in the script somehow.

The logic of how I would include hashed passwords in this kind of scenario eludes me.

Any wisdom would be appreciated!

Thanks,

DW Received on Wed Mar 09 2005 - 12:33:11 CST