Re: standby delay

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 8 Mar 2005 14:11:53 -0800

oily_dipstick_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> Why do people defend Mr Bakker? I just don't understand it. Granted
he
> is capable of contributing greatly to this forum. But it is done with
> arrogance so often. Look at his posts and try to find one without
some
> kind of put down - you will struggle.

There does seem to be some correlation between the cluelessness of the post and the level of Mr. Bakker's vitriol. But I don't think the vitriol is personal, I think it is a pretty accurate eval of cluelessness.

> If he is so tired of the people who post here, why does he bother
even
> monitoring the posts? Mr Bakker, why the attitude? Maybe if you
explain
> some of us could understand the tone of your replies a little better.

Usenet requires flamesuits, that's nothing new. If you read his comments with the attitude that his isn't personal, but merely a description of bad administration, they make more sense. If you have a problem with that sort of posting, then rise above it and make a good example, there is some herd mentality within newsgroups. Getting into pissing matches hurts more than helps.

Mr. Bakker is quite capable of defending himself, no one else needs to.  The other posters are contributing their views, which may happen to agree with his. I've had my own issues with standby, and have also written replacement scripts to get around those issues, and have posted criticisms of standby. Here, I agree with him and the others about your posts.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.honku.org/