Password Column

From: Tim Marshall <TIMMY!_at_PurplePandaChasers.Moertherium>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 17:10:11 -0330

I develop front ends against an Oracle database using MS Access, using pass through query methods, ie, not linked tables and all SQL passed to the server is proper Oracle dialect SQL. The main app which manipulates the data I use is an Omnis STudio platform which somehow encrypts password information.

I would like to include some security on some of my Access/Oracle FEs involving setting up a user table(s) which indicates which users have access to what account codes, buildings, etc with respect to my app. I can't use the aforementioned encrypted passwords from the Omnis Studio/Oracle app and am wondering what I can do so that users may be able to have passwords saved in an Oracle table column that is encrypted/scrambled/whatever such that admins (such as me) can't view the password.

Is there some sort of dll tht does this sort of thing? I'm on a Windows XP platform and my users are also, along with some win98 boxes.

Thanks very much in advance for any suggestions.

--
Tim    http://www.ucs.mun.ca/~tmarshal/
^o<