rman and catrman.sql

From: Vince <vincent_at_>
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 11:26:23 +0100

Hi there!

I would like to backup a database using rman, but apparently, it requires a catalog to be set up, isn-t it? so, i created a new user 'rman' with anough rights, sqlplus sys
SQL> create user rman identified by rman; SQL> alter user rman default tablespace tools temporary tablespace temp;

SQL> alter user rman quota unlimited on tools;
SQL> grant connect, resource, recovery_catalog_owner to rman;
SQL> exit;

..and I can't find catrman.sql (oracle 8i) to create the catalog schema so I typed at prompt:
rman catalog rman/rman

to create catalog..but can't log because user/pass doesn't exist...

Well...first question, any idea ?

second:
must one set up a catalog before backup with rman? if not, how could we do, so ?

thanks a lot, Vince. Received on Mon Mar 07 2005 - 04:26:23 CST